Listen here or wherever you get your podcasts.
Hello, and welcome back to Equity, the podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest in tech news from the weekend and what’s making headlines early in the week! Don’t forget that our revamped Wednesday show kicks off this week!
Here’s what we got into today:
- Stocks and crypto: Tech stocks aren’t moving too much this morning as the market digests the Boeing mess. In Crypto Land, the price of bitcoin is up.
- Bitcoin ETFs: And this is why. A rush of new filings this morning showed that bitcoin spot ETFs are targeting a very low-fee structure as they compete for investor dollars. These investment vehicles are expected to get approved this week, or at least some of them are, so expect a little market turbulence ahead.
- Carta is once again in trouble: Carta, which makes cap table software for startups, is in trouble after some of its sales people used internal information to try and broker trades without their customers’ consent. Guess how well that is going over.
- The ULA managed to get its rocket into the sky! This is great news for space launch competition. And for going back to the moon.
- And the GPT store is supposed to come this very week.
All that and more, we promise. Talk to you in two days!